Friday, July 25, 2008

Honey- Don't slouch!!!- sound familiar???

Ok. This is a different kind of post for me. I've been thinking about how I can help my clients look their best naturally. If slouching is something you know you struggle with & really want to make sure you're not in your wedding photos I recommend you working on it now! Even if you are months away from your big day!

The number one thing my clients comment on is their posture. I generally notice if someone is an extreme sloucher. But... it can be deceiving at times. I was very aware of this as well before my wedding. So I worked very hard for a couple months on myself. From what I gather the best thing is to strenthen your back & being "fit" will make it much easier & natural to have lovely posture.

Here's a link to some exercises you can try. I don't know how well these work. I've never tried them.... but they sound promising. I'm going to continue to do more research but this is a great one to start off with!



"Here are three spine-straightening activities to try:

1. Stand against a wall and press your shoulder blades back. Let your lower back keep its natural curve, and keep your chest lifted and your chin parallel to the floor. Hold this position and breathe in and out 10 times.

2. Sit in a sturdy chair with your back straight and your abdominal muscles pulled in, extend the arms straight forward at shoulder-level. Exhale and round the shoulders and back. Pull the chin in towards the chest, contract the abdominal muscles and hold until all the air is blown out. Inhale as you return to the upright position. Repeat 10 times.

3. Lie on the floor face down, with your arms extended above your head. Exhale and lift both legs and arms into the air, hold for a few seconds and return to the floor. Repeat 5 times."


An Article by Kathy Kaehler


link to the article:

http://fitlist.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/03/28/103737.aspx



I couldn't resist putting a couple pics up! Here are a few from abbey & justin's wedding that I didn't post before & love these! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment