Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Flower, Baby & a Bucket

For the new year I have a few goals in mind. One of them is to be more creative. I LOOOOVE Anne Geddes. I always have since junior high school when I discovered her baby scenes. My favorite series of hers is when she dresses them up as either characters or flowers. So I decided I wanted to make my very own flower baby with my baby Josiah.

One thing I for sure learned in art school is that you have to have an inspiration. All art is spun off of someone elses work. That doesn't mean you totally copy (almost every photographer out there tries something someone else did. That's kinda how we learn). Hopefully through my inspirations I'll find my own unique style. =D Ultimately, I want my clients to be so satisfied & the end results a work of art that they can't get anywhere else. THat's my goal for 2009. Create pricesless works of art!

Here's a little taste. There are many more ideas still in the works. EnjoY!

Josiah didn't really like my idea as you will see. He liked eating the bucket for a while then got bored... hehe. But we got some cute & funny ones. I put together a couple collages. I'd like to print one as a canvas. Which one? HELP!



















4 comments:

  1. JENNY!!!!!!

    I LOVE THESE!!!!!!


    Oh my gosh, I can't believe how BIG he is already! Look at those gorgeous blue eyes!!

    I totally laughed at the ones of him eating the bucket.
    I think I like the first canvas best... it makes me giggle.

    I have the newest "Professional Photographer" magazine literally right next to me on my desk, and Anne Geddes is featured. Do you get that mag? It says on the cover... "Labor of Love: Anne Geddes took the world into her imaginary garden and changed baby photography forever."

    I haven't had time to read the article yet, but I looked at those words today and thought what you thought... that someday I hope to develop me own style... something NEW even... I can't imagine coming up with something that's never been done. But it's possible... quite the challenge we have ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I think you should call your canvas, "Bucket Full o' Love."

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first collage has my two favorite pictures in it! SUPER CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number two and eight where he's chewing on the bucket. Sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete